The Inpatient Module manages beds, patients and stays. Load the OpenEMR system with Admin or Physician rights.
After clicking on the Patient/Client option, the new ítems appear in the bottom. In this image we show the options offered to the Administrator user:
- Inpatient options / A home page for the new options. It lists the reports that any user can run.
- New bed/ It lets you create new beds, in different areas, floors or rooms. The beds can have attributes like male/female, TV or oxygen. Other features are possible with customization,
- Assign patient bed/ Associates a patient already in the OpenEMR system to an empty bed. It records the entry date.
- Assign patient bed – Clinical/ This is a regular LBF form, which records data outside the inpatient system, like reason for the inpatient stay, the entering doctor, diagnosis and other data.
- Change patient bed/ It changes the bed, for same-day changes, without changing the stay number.
- Release patient from bed/ It finishes the stay in bed
- Edit beds/ Allows to change bed number, floor, room, área and attributes, like gender, TV or Oxygen. The only item that never changes is the Bed ID.
- Inpatient list/ Lists all the current inpatients, with associated data, including cost.
- Release list/ Lists all the already released patients, with associated data, including cost.
- Free beds/ Lists the free beds.
- Patient report/ Lists patients by name
- Area-floor report/ / Lists patients by area and floor.